Important Question Answered

This information relates to weddings and marriage services. For questions regarding other services offered, please contact Ian.

What does the Celebrant do?

I attend to all your legal paperwork, assist you to write and arrange a ceremony to suit your needs and solemnise your marriage.

What are the legal obligations?

  • You both must be over the age of 18 years.
  • Prior to the date of Marriage, you need to produce either your current Passport or Birth Certificate and your Drivers Licence or similar official photo identification.
  • You must give the Celebrant one calendar month's notice.
  • If either of you have been previously married you must produce your Divorce Decree Absolute papers and/or if either of your spouses are deceased, you will need to produce the Death Certificate.
  • On the day of your marriage you must have two witnesses over the age of 18 years who are present at the wedding.

What are our first steps?

Book in a time and date with Ian as soon as you can. Organise an appointment to discuss your requirements. Your 'Notice of Intended Marriage' form needs to be completed no less than a calendar month prior to marriage but it is strongly advisable to complete this with me as soon as you have decided on the date and time for your ceremony. Most couples book months in advance.

Where can I find the correct forms to complete and submit?

The forms are available to download here!

Download PDF Notice of Intended Marriage
Download PDF Marriage Schedule

The Marriage Form must be completed in the presence of an authorised person. Ian must have possession of this form after it has been signed and witnessed. The Marriage Schedule contains the details of your Wedding as you would like it to happen for you both. Fill it in and pass it on to Ian for his information.

What are the costs?

For a personal costing, please contact Ian direct to discuss your requirements.

What does my fee include?

  • Your consultations and pre-wedding practice at my residence.
  • A personally written ceremony to suit your needs.
  • Your printed Celebrant's Marriage Certificate.
  • All stationery costs
  • Time and travelling costs on the day of your marriage.
  • All legal paperwork to register your Marriage with NSW Births, Deaths & Marriages.
  • Telephone, postage and faxing costs (within Australia only).
  • Table/chairs for signing at the ceremony.
  • Ian's attendance to conduct your ceremony.

(You may desire to purchase a NSW Marriage Certificate after the Marriage is registered, at your expense. This Certificate will allow you to open a bank account; apply for a passport; or apply for a drivers licence in NSW.)

Where can we get married?

Anywhere suitable to yourselves - it's your choice! That's the beauty of selecting a Celebrant!

Can we choose spiritual or religious wording for our ceremony?

Please feel free to suggest any service or wording that reflects your religious beliefs or way of life.

Do we have to attend pre-marital courses?

You are free to attend at your leisure, however all celebrants are trained to advise you of any information needed to make your day successful. Printed information is available to you.

How soon should I book a Celebrant?

Civil Celebrants are always busy. You should book Ian once you have decided on your venue, time and date. I suggest you book as soon as possible.

Call Ian today for an obligation free appointment.

© Copyright 2005 Ian D. Toll. All rights reserved.

Web Site Managed by Ripfast Graphic Solutions